This week, as I was going through my daily routine of Tessa’s Life, a friend of mine reached out to me. She simply asked me, “What is it that you do to make yourself so worry free?”. She told me how it seems like I just don’t worry about anything and I seem so stress free. I appeared so burden less because everyday she sees me I’m hopping around and singing like nothing can bring me down.
I didn’t know how to answer this. When she asked me that question and said those statements I had to ponder on this for a moment. In my eyes, I am probably one of the most burdened people on the planet! My schedule is so tight that I barely have enough time to sleep and I have so many bills sometimes I can’t keep up with which one is due soon. My planner has more colors than the rainbow, I’m more broke than my iPhone screen that I can’t even afford to fix, and if it isn’t one thing wrong with my car it’s another! Where is this “worry free” question coming from?
As I thought about it, I came up with some steps that could have something to do with this appearance of mine. With all that being said, how do I stay calm and not pull my hair out?
Well, here is what I came up with….
- Pray! Now I am a very spiritual person so of course praying is going to be the number one advice that I give to someone. Prayer changes things! Mark 11:24 says “Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.” With this scripture in mind, I always pray that God enables me to have a peaceful day instead of a mind-boggling day. I have to continue to pray this and believe it will happen. 1 Thessalonians 5:17 says, “Pray without ceasing.” So I continue to pray for peace to let God see that I’m serious about this thing. I SERIOUSLY need a peaceful life!
- Clear your mind! Now don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying completely forget about things you have to do or priorities but don’t spend a whole 24 hours dwelling on one thing. Take some time to think about something else for a little while. I usually think of a song or choreograph (I’m a dancer) a new dance in my mind to calm my mind of the worries I have.
- Relax. It’s a good way to center your mind and help you focus. I have so many different ways of relaxing that I just do in the comfort of my own home. Nothing fancy. One of my favorite things to do to relax is take a bubble bath! I absolutely adore taking bubble baths! I just runs some super hot bath water in the tub, dumb a bunch of bubble bath with a nice fragrance in the water while it runs, get some hot tea (not every time), light a few candles, play some soothing music, and just digress. Another I like to do is read. Whether it is my Bible or just a good novel, sitting down and just letting your mind venture off into another world as you read can be so helpful. I like to get comfortable in some jammies, snuggle up in my warm Christmas blanket (yes….even if it is not the holidays), and read preferably a romance mystery novel.
- Get organized! This is more for those times when you are worrying about bills being due or deadlines for like business assignments or homework assignments. What I usually do is use my planner and write down for the next month when everything is due. Then I highlight those dates. I also calculate whether I will have enough before then to pay it or whether I will be late and have to wait the next month. I just really thoroughly plan everything out leaving room for possible hindrances.
- Speak into your future! The Bible says, “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof. (Proverbs 18:21)” I speak into the atmosphere that my worries will be gone and that I will not end up stressing over anything. I always say how I want my future to be. For instance, I talk about how I want to be debt free, living with good income, and have a house of my own. I normally have to speak to see it and actually motivate myself to do it.
These are my 5 steps to living life without worrying. Short and simple! It’s not many but it’s just how I personally walk around looking like everything is great and all peachy! Hope this helped someone. The main thing is to just not let those things that worry you overtake you.
Enjoy the rest of your day!